Alliance Honored By City of Ripon
Alliance Laundry Systems was honored by the city of Ripon, Wisconsin for its 100-year history in the community. The company received a proclamation marking the honor at the April 28 meeting of the Ripon Common Council. Mike Schoeb, president and chief operating officer of Alliance Laundry Systems, accepted the honor on the company's behalf. The company's beginnings in the city trace back to 1908, when two local hardware store owners - Joseph Barlow and John Seelig - worked to increase the speed and efficiency of hand-powered washing machines they purchased from a company in Kansas City, Missouri.
The two founded the company that became known as Speed Queen, and later evolved into Alliance Laundry Systems.
In reading the proclamation during the council meeting, Ripon Mayor Aaron Kramer said the company has "consistently engineered new innovations to its industry ..." and "... established itself as the world leader in manufacturing commercial laundry equipment ..."
The proclamation also commended the company for its role aiding efforts during World War II. During that time, the company halted laundry equipment production and produced 20 mm shells as well as parts for airplanes, tanks and guns. The firm won numerous awards for its service during the war effort.
Kramer concluded by saying, "Therefore, I, Aaron Kramer, mayor of the City of Ripon, join with the members of the Common Council and the residents of the city, on this 28th day of April in the year 2008, to commend and congratulate the owners, employees and customers of Alliance Laundry Systems for one hundred years of American-made service and ingenuity, as well as their contributions to the cultural and economic improvement of Ripon and the surrounding area, and do wish them continued success in the next one hundred years."
Alliance Laundry Systems LLC is a leading North American manufacturer of commercial laundry products and provider of services for laundromats, multi-housing laundries and on-premises laundries. Alliance offers a full line of washers and dryers for light commercial and consumer use as well as large frontloading washers, heavy duty tumbler dryers, and finishing equipment for heavy commercial use. The company's products are sold under the well-known brand names Speed Queen®, UniMac®, Huebsch®, Cissell® and IPSO®.
- Distributor Coley O'Kief expands into new markets.Twenty years after introducing the vended laundry business to Italy...
- Alliance demonstrates partnership in new laundry investments.Join two successful entrepreneurs in the Philippines and Italy...
- Alliance works with Rocky Hernandez for success in the Philippines.Introducing the convenience and efficiency of vended laundry in a market unfamiliar...
- Alliance Promotes Bill Brooks to National Sales Manager of UniMac Alliance Laundry Systems announced today that Bill Brooks has been promoted to National Sales Manager of UniMac.
- Alliance Laundry Systems and Distributor Donate Equipment to Japan in Wake of Earthquake and TsunamiAlliance Laundry Systems and its Japanese distributor, Daiwa Corporation, recently partnered to donate laundry equipment to those impacted by the March earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
- Alliance Laundry Systems Promotes Jennifer Whitney to Financial Services Manager Alliance Laundry Systems, the leading global commercial laundry equipment provider, is pleased to announce the promotion of Jennifer Whitney to Financial Services Manager.
- Online Credit Application Featured in Planet Laundry July's issue of Planet Laundry magazine highlights Alliance Laundry Systems' new online credit application.